POSSESSIVE ADJECTIVES

     These are adjectives show possession or ownership in the sentence. No matter how much you know subjects and objects,you may not be able to express to whom a something or somebody else belongs unless you understand possessive adjectives. These are my,our,your,their,his,her and its.

LIST OF POSSESSIVE ADJECTIVES
Subjects        possessive adjectives
     I                            my    
    We                        our
    You                       your
    They                     their
     He                         his
     She                        her
     It                            its

Consider the following examples
1.The cow is my pet ever.
2.You're our teachers

    In the first sentence, "my" shows possession of the pet (cow).
    In the second sentence, "our" shows possession of "teachers".

N.B
     The easiest way to understand those all very immediately to new students is to follow the construction subject + appropriate verb to be + possessive adjective + noun
Examples
1.Iam your father.
2.She's my girlfriend.
3.They're our relatives.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PERSONAL PRONOUNS

PERSONAL PRONOUNS